Monday, February 23, 2009

Mask carving I (part 1) - Start carving your own mask



La Charles James's carving place presents the first video in a series about wood mask carving. He is certainly an inspiration to all carvers and mask makers out there. This first lesson teaches us the basics of starting your carving, with details and steps to start making your own mask. You can carve masks for fun, for selling (like most african mask carvers do) for your own mask collection or for giving gifts. Many people like to buy hand carved wood masks. If you don't know a lot about mask collecting you can read my Beginners Guide to Mask Collection . I hope you enjoy this video, stay tuned for the rest of the series.

Post footage:

Other popular related articles:

1. History and meaning of Buddha masks
2. Introduction to masks
3. African masks
4. Ritual masks of the world
5. Beginners Guide to Mask Collection

See more hand carved wood masks of Oraclemask

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is awsome, I have a mask collection of about 20 or so masks. And I have always wanted to carve my own.

Thank you so much!

Alexandra